Developer – Digital Services, Toronto
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Developer to join our growing company.
HH Angus is an employee-owned, independent consulting firm of engineers, technical specialists and project managers. Together, we create innovative solutions for our clients’ most complex challenges to expand what is possible for a better future.
As HH Angus strives to innovate and respond to the growing requirements of major clients, we are branching into Digital Services with a new team of talented and outstanding professionals. We are currently exploring opportunities with our clients in applying IoT, machine learning, digital twinning, BIM, Big Data and Cloud solutioning with AWS. We are seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to join our dynamic and growing team.
- Develops solutions for the software product in line with solution architecture and technical roadmap
- Translates requirements into applications
- Validates with the Solution Architect the technical implementation of new concepts
- Performs detailed testing and documentation of the product prior to full deployment
- Trains end users on how to use applications developed
- Provides technical support / leadership for escalated incidents / outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently
- Works with the Solution Designers to ensure that the design will fulfill the requirements
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University education in computer science or computer / software engineering or at least 5 years experience in professional software development
- Minimum 3 years of experience with an object-oriented language. C# preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in web application development employing MVC, React (or similar), NodeJS (or similar)
- Concrete experience in database development with SQL Server or similar
- Concrete experience in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of REST API development
- Concrete experience in AWS/Serverless development
- Knowledge of AWS IoT Core, AWS QuickSight, Node-RED, Graphana
- Knowledge of Python, Revit, BIM
- Good team spirit and enthusiasm
- Curious and creative
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.