Electrical Designer – Tenant, Commercial Division
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At
HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Designer to join our growing Commercial Division.
HH Angus’ Commercial Division brings innovative design to our projects while ensuring dependability, flexibility and longevity for the facility’s future. Our Commercial Division works on a variety of projects including airports, institutional facilities, tenant office buildings, galleries, museums, libraries, theatres, historic buildings, hotels, secure facilities, and recreational and entertainment facilities.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Electrical Designer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our Commercial Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Entry-level individual contributor
- Regularly prepares drawings, contributes to technical designs, and related documents
- Assesses design constructability and makes edits to existing design specifications with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Develops a part of the design package on time and within budgeted hours
- Progressively demonstrates an ability to independently execute given design tasks
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g., AutoCAD, HHA Drawing Standards, Plotters, etc.)
- Ensures timesheets, logs and files are accurate and up to date
- Works under close supervision in solving problems
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- College Diploma in Electrical or Architectural Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- 1-2 years engineering consulting experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.