Electrical Engineer – Energy, Vancouver
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing energy team in Vancouver.
Our Energy Division works on a variety of projects including central utility plants, industrial applications, cogeneration, power generation, and district energy. This role will focus on supporting projects in industrial applications. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong Electrical Engineering and Leadership skills combined with a proven track record of quality design and project work. This role will give you the ability to work alongside and be guided by some of the very best in the industry.
The Electrical Engineer reports directly to a Group Manager with extensive experience in our Energy Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Work with the Group Manager and Electrical teams to coordinate design activities on energy projects
- Preparing cutting edge plans, designs, calculations, and cost estimates
- You will build a solid foundation through hands-on experience and partnership with our mentors who will familiarize you with our industry and project deliverables
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Has their P.Eng designation
- 5-10 years related industry experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Knowledge of 3D design including Revit is an asset
- Previous experience with the design of electrical building systems is ideal
- Knowledgeable in the areas of energy markets, the utilities sector, high voltage power generation, and power distribution
- Has experience in the varied areas of our field: coordinating projects, working with clients, and problem-solving with contractors
- Familiar with the design of a variety of electrical systems and have an understanding of relevant codes and standards that guide our work, as well as, a general knowledge of the utilities sector and power distribution
- Experience in the varied areas of our field: coordinating projects, working with clients and problem-solving with contractors
- Enjoys mentoring and has had experience mentoring others
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.