Electrical Engineer – Montreal Office
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing office in Montreal.
HH Angus has a long history in the engineering field, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. We are working on a variety of projects, including Health Care, Commercial, Industrial, and others. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering skills to add value to our clients and individuals. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Electrical Engineering skills and who has a strong track record of managing client relationships.
The Electrical Engineer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Established and productive individual contributor
- Prepares plans, designs, engineering calculations for complex projects generally involving multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and makes edits to existing design specifications with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Manages and prioritizes own project activities in order to meet project deadlines for all assigned tasks
- Develops standards and reports with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g. Revit, AutoCad)
- Gains exposure to creating project plans by helping Project Managers with the project management tasks
- Ensures technical accuracy and competency of design details of a project
Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Works independently with general supervision in solving problems
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 + years engineering consulting experience
- Bilingual French and English
- Recognized professional Engineer by l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
- Could be located in Montreal, Gatineau or Ottawa
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.