Inspector – Construction Services, Toronto
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Inspector to join our growing Construction Services Group.
HH Angus’ Construction Service group is responsible for providing a high level of quality control through periodic site reviews and contract administration during the construction phase, with the goal of avoiding potential serious issues on a project. In addition to this, the team continuously works on providing recommendations for our standard documents and process, based on lessons learned and years of experience. Our inspectors will be working on a wide variety of exciting and unique projects across the company, supporting the engineering staff.
The Inspector reports directly to the Construction Services Manager with extensive experience in our Healthcare Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Performs Contract Administration duties during project construction
- Assists design engineer in site representation, peer review, project meetings and resolving site issues
- Reviews company standards and provides updates based on code requirements or lessons learned from previous projects
- Produces Site Observation Reports based on our Commitment to Review the project work
- Maintains close relationship with the client and contributes to Business Development
- Obtains formal training where required to perform job duties. Keeps a current knowledge of Construction Contracts and Construction Law
- Ensures Site Specifications are appropriately written to protect the interests of the client
- Ensures a fair and neutral interpretation of construction contracts as they relate to contract administration matters once the contract is let
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Mechanical or Electrical engineering degree or diploma
- Design background in building technology is a definite asset.
- Experience in building inspection and Contract Administration duties
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of construction methods and the applicable building code requirements
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team and client-focused
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.