HR Generalist – Human Resources
We are currently looking for a HR Generalist to join our growing Human Resources Department.
HH Angus was founded in 1919 and today we are one of Canada’s largest private engineering firms. Since its inception, HH Angus has been providing consulting engineering services to a broad range of clients in the Institutional, Commercial, and Industrial sectors, in addition to our current deep portfolio of work both in the energy generation / distribution industry, and in the technology sector.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry that strives to maintain a culture of learning, growth, and success. At HH Angus, we’re committed to wellness and a strong work/life balance. We love our work, but we like to have fun too. Social activities include sports, community involvement, team outings, and charitable outreach. Our unrivalled company culture is a big part of why so many employees want to stay, and why we have over 30 employees with 30 years of service in the company. The HR Generalist will be reporting directly to the HR Director.
- Provides day-to-day coaching, guidance and policy interpretation for managers on a variety of issues including progressive discipline and terminations
- Administers and assists HR Director in the development of company talent programs of all types including compensation, employee relations, absence management, health and safety, benefits, career framework and promotions, performance management discipline and terminations, training and development, succession and workforce planning, employee engagement and retention and HR policies and procedures, etc.
- Responsible for employee off-boarding process for client group including exit interviews and administration
- Maintains HR manuals and drafts policies and procedures as requested
- Coordinates leaves of absence including STDs and LTDs
- Collects, maintains and reports on HR metrics and analytics
- Assists HR Director with special projects as requested. Performs back-up and/or assists other team members as requested
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in HR, related field
- CHRP Designation required, CHRL an asset
- 5+ years progressive HR experience.
- Excellent client relationship management skills. Able to partner and work effectively with employees and leaders at all levels.
- Solid knowledge & experience in a variety of talent management areas.
- Proven coaching and influencing skills. Good conflict resolution skills.
- Able to work through complex problems and manage ambiguity.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment.
- A working knowledge of all relevant employment legislation.
- A high level of integrity, discretion, and credibility.
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to quote “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.