Junior Designer, Technology Systems (ICT)- Angus Connect
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry that strives to maintain a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Junior Designer to join our growing company. The Junior Designer reports directly to the Senior Manager in our Angus Connect Division, alongside industry recognized peers with great experience, on some of the most exciting projects in Canada.
The Angus Connect team helps our clients define their Technology goals and designs the systems that help them change the way their business operates, by finding operational efficiencies, improved energy consumption, occupant experiences, and financial performance. With the vast growth in connected devices, from building systems, mobile applications and wearables to smart office applications, the opportunities for automation and efficiency are endless. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly for clients to provide them with innovative solutions related to their ICT needs.
Angus Connect is growing and is looking for a high energy, enthusiastic, proactive and determined contributor to join them in their expansion.
- Entry-level individual contributor responsible for producing deliverables for design projects
- Works closely with Project Managers to understand project objectives and design goals and assesses design constructability
- Regularly prepares drawings, contributes to technical designs, and related documents
- Updates and revises project design specification, with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Coordinates with other discipline designers
- Problem solver, as supported through project managers and team members
- Develops part of the design package on time and within budgeted hours
- Progressively demonstrates an ability to independently execute given design tasks
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g., AutoCAD, HHA Drawing Standards, Plotters, etc.)
- Manages own time and logs time and expenses
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- College Diploma in Electrical or Architectural Engineering Technology or equivalent program
- 1-2 years engineering consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, problem solver, and contributes with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base and learn best practices
- Ability to prioritize work, and ensure quality through accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about the application of digital technology in complex facilities and the built environment
- Growing knowledge base in BICSI, EIA/TIA and CSA Standards
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line; or apply via the portal below.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.