Learning + Development Specialist
We are currently looking for a Learning + Development Specialist to join our growing Human Resources Department.
2023 marks our 104th Anniversary, and we didn’t get here by accident. Founded in 1919, we have always been an early adopter of new technologies and processes that better serve our clients. Today we are one of Canada’s largest private engineering firms, providing consulting engineering services to a broad range of clients in the Institutional, Commercial, and Industrial sectors, in addition to our current deep portfolio of work in both the energy generation / distribution industry, and in the technology sector.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry that strives to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. At HH Angus, we’re committed to wellness and a strong work/life balance. We love our work, but we like to have fun too. Social activities include sports, community involvement, team outings, and charitable outreach. Our unrivalled company culture is a big part of why so many employees want to stay, giving us one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. The Learning + Development Specialist will be reporting directly to the HR Director. At HH Angus we support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Assisting in the development and leading the execution of the HH Angus Learning and Development Strategy to support HH Angus’ business strategies and goals
- Administering the annual HH Angus learning and development needs assessment
- Designing and delivering training for employees at all levels
- Developing and/or procuring learning and development (L + D) solutions to support HH Angus’ business goals and strategy
- Designing and maintaining learning paths including curriculum and developmental experiences to support the Career Framework, in partnership with SMEs and leadership
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of L + D policies, and processes. Acts as the first point of contact for learning and development inquiries
- Building, maintaining, and overseeing HH Angus’ training plan and calendar, and training catalog
- Ensuring consistent and effective delivery of learning and development programs across HH Angus. Reviewing content developed by others to ensure training meets HH Angus standards
- Reporting on and managing learning and development KPIs for HH Angus
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Education, or related field
- 7+ years experience in progressive, related roles
- Excellent relationship builder. Able to collaborate effectively with SMEs, leaders, and employees at all levels
- Track record of success in seeing L + D programs from design through to implementation, including change management
- Strong curriculum developer
- Displayed ability to isolate learning needs, and work with SMEs to build solutions to develop technical skillsets
- Knowledge of L + D principles
- Able to work through complex problems and manage ambiguity
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.