Mechanical Engineer – Healthcare Division
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Healthcare team.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnership (PPP or P3), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and who has a strong track record of project management and managing client relationships.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the consulting engineering industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our Healthcare Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
At HH Angus, we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Seasoned professional individual contributor
- Delivers technical designs for projects of varying complexity that could involve technical complexity, high project value and multiple trades
- Independently creates conceptual designs, design specifications and assesses constructability and does so on a regular basis
- Independently develops standards and reports and can sign off on them
- Assists in creating project plans, participates in project planning and project management meetings and provides improvement recommendations to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met
- Starts to peer review work of more junior engineers for conventional projects
- Completes own work within budgeted hours
- Ensures technical accuracy of deliverables
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Works independently in solving difficult and sometimes complex problems
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years’ consulting engineering experience
- Healthcare project experience an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.