Mechanical Manager – Healthcare Division Vancouver
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Manager to join our growing Healthcare team in Vancouver. Some of our BC healthcare projects include Penticton Regional Hospital’s David Kampe Tower Phase I, Royal Jubilee Hospital Patient Care Centre, Royal Columbian Hospital, and Fort St. John Hospital and Peace Villa, with many new and exciting projects underway or on the horizon.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnerships (P3’s), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and who has a strong track record of project management and managing client relationships.
At HH Angus we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Leads, manages, and mentors a team of up to 4 engineers, designers, CAD staff, and project managers to deliver projects on a timely basis
- Provides clear communication on team skillset, resourcing and development to Senior Manager and Associate Director
- Primarily responsible for managing, retaining, and developing staff members
- Identifies and staffs projects, either directly or through Project Managers
- Acts as a primary relationship manager for a select group of clients
- Monitors status of projects through Project Managers
- Engages in performance management cycle for direct reports
- Responsible for project billings and expenses of team with manager review and approval
- Responsible for financial performance of the projects that they invoice for
- Approves time sheets of team members
- Actively participates in divisional operations meeting
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering consulting experience
- People management experience an asset
- Healthcare project experience an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.