Senior Electrical Designer – Technology Division
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing Technology group.
Our Technology Division works on projects in a variety of sectors including mission critical, transit, and secure facilities. This role will focus on supporting mission critical projects including data centres, network operations centres, and other similar 24x7 facilities. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has sound Electrical Engineering skills combined with a proven track record of quality design and project work. This role will give you the ability to learn and be guided by some of the very best in the industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Senior Electrical Engineering Designer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our Technology Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
At HH Angus we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Established and productive individual contributor
- Prepares plans, designs, engineering calculations and cost estimates for more complex projects generally involving three or more drawings and multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and makes edits to existing design specifications with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Manages and prioritizes own project activities in order to meet project deadlines for all assigned tasks
- Develops standards and reports with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g. AutoCad. HHA Drawing standards)
- Gains exposure to creating project plans by helping Project Managers with entering the plan to the CRM
- Ensures technical accuracy and competency of design details of a project
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Ensures timesheets, logs and files are accurate and up to date
- Works independently with general supervision in solving problems
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years’ engineering consulting experience
- Mission Critical project experience an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.