Senior Mechanical Engineering Designer – Healthcare, Toronto
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineering Designer to join our growing Healthcare team.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnerships (P3’s), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and a strong track record of project management and managing client relationships.
The Senior Engineering Designer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our Healthcare Division and works with team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
At HH Angus we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Established and productive individual contributor
- Prepares plans, designs, engineering calculations and cost estimates for more complex projects generally involving three or more drawings and multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and makes edits to existing design specifications with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Manages and prioritizes own project activities in order to meet project deadlines for all assigned tasks
- Develops standards and reports with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g., Revit, AutoCad, HH Angus Drawing standards)
- Gains exposure to creating project plans by helping Project Managers with entering plans to the CRM
- Ensures technical accuracy and competency of project design details
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Ensures timesheets, logs and files are accurate and up to date
- Works independently with general supervision in solving problems
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years engineering consulting experience
- Healthcare project experience an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.