Mechanical Engineer – Healthcare, Vancouver
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineers to join our Vancouver team.
While the Vancouver office may be relatively new, HH Angus is no stranger to working in BC. We’ve been collaborating with building owners, architects, and contractors for over 10 years to deliver projects in Vancouver and across the province. Completed projects include Penticton Regional Hospital David Kampe Tower Phase I, commissioning of the TELUS Kamloops Data Centre, Royal Jubilee Hospital Patient Care Centre and Fort St. John Hospital and Peace Villa. Current major projects include the Royal Inland Hospital New Patient Care Tower, Royal Columbian Hospital Phases 1 and 2, Lions Gate Hospital power plant replacement and ongoing mission critical facilities work for Telus. In addition to the current and past projects are many new and exciting projects on the horizon.
We are excited to announce an opportunity for Mechanical Engineers to become key members in our company’s continued geographic expansion. This opportunity would be a chance to help make an impact with HH Angus in the great city of Vancouver in what is a vibrant and expanding economy.
- Established and productive individual contributor
- Prepares plans, designs, engineering calculations and cost estimates for more complex projects generally involving three or more drawings and multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and makes edits to existing design specifications with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Manages and prioritizes own project activities in order to meet project deadlines for all assigned tasks
- Develops standards and reports with support and guidance from more senior engineers
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g. AutoCad. HHA Drawing standards)
- Gains exposure to creating project plans by helping Project Managers with entering the plan to the CRM
- Ensures technical accuracy and competency of design details of a project
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Ensures timesheets, logs and files are accurate and up to date
- Works independently with general supervision in solving problems
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer
- 5+ years engineering consulting experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, or via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.