This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Technician to join our Toronto office. Working with our Accounting team, you will track, review and process expenses for completeness and enter them in the GL accounts, and work with Project Managers throughout the company to obtain expense and time-sheet reports and perform various billing functions.
The Accounting Technician reports directly to the Manager of Finance and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
At HH Angus, we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow With Us.
- Tracks and processes employee expenses on a weekly basis; reviews expenses for completeness and duplication and follows-up on any issues
- Works with PMs to obtain expense sheets on a timely basis; processes timesheets; coordinates with staff and management to ensure that timesheets are submitted on time and are accurate
- Charges expenses to GL accounts and cost centres by analyzing expense reports and recording entries
- Reconciles company flight passes and travel advances
- Performs billing function for small or less complex markets; this includes producing invoices and submitting to clients, performing reconciliations and maintaining reconciliation files, reviewing A/R with the Manager at the billing meeting; resolving outstanding billing issues; following up and escalating when financial documentation is incomplete or missing
- Ensures filing is done on a regular basis, including ensuring expense reports are filed on a weekly basis
- Prepares and reconciles reports for payroll purposes
- A diploma or degree in Accounting
- Understanding of the Building Engineering industry, preferably in consulting engineering
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both formally and informal
- Efficiency with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Deltek Vision
- Ability to work quickly and to multitask
- Ability to work well with team members
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development.
To apply, submit your resume below, or send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.