Senior Electrical Engineer - Energy Focus
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing energy team.
Our Energy Division works on a variety of projects including central utility plants, industrial applications, cogeneration, power generation, and district energy. This role will focus on supporting projects in industrial applications. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong electrical engineering and leadership skills combined with a proven track record of quality design and project work. This role will give you the ability to work alongside and be guided by some of the very best in the industry.
The Senior Electrical Engineer reports directly to a Group Manager with extensive experience in our Energy Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Recognized technical subject matter expert within the organization
- Responsible for the technical design for complex projects, often involving multiple drawings, technical complexity, high project value, and multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and develops design specification for complex designs
- Participates in project planning and project management meetings and provides improvement recommendations to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met
- Regularly peer reviews work of more junior engineers
- Reviews and signs off on complex engineering reports and standards
- Completes project work on time and within budget
- Leads teams in the technical design of complex projects
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Ensures technical accuracy of all project files and documentation
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering consulting experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com, being sure to quote the job title in the subject line, or submit via the portal below.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.