Senior Project Coordinator– Project Management Office
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Coordinator to join our growing company.
The Senior Project Coordinator reports directly to the PMO Director with extensive experience in our PMO office, and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
HH Angus was founded in 1919 and today we are one of Canada’s largest private engineering firms. Since its inception, HH Angus has been providing consulting engineering services to a broad range of clients in the Institutional, Commercial and Industrial sectors, in addition to our current deep portfolio of work in both the energy generation/distribution industry, and in the technology sector.
At HH Angus we will support your career development to help you achieve your professional goals. Come Grow with Us.
- Support Project Managers in their tasks, including managing scope, budget and schedule
- Assisting with project initiation procedures, including completing project set up and creating all supporting documentation according to company protocols
- Initiating and entering up to date project plans and project milestone into the ERP
- Monitoring/coordinating ongoing project costs with the PM to ensure financial aspects of project execution are on track
- Reviewing project data and supporting Project Managers in addressing key areas for improvement
- Liaising with Finance to assist Project Manager in addressing any queries related to Accounts Receivable
- Participating in the project close out progress, including ensuring all required project close out documents are obtained and submitted
- Assisting in the drafting or project proposals, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules
- Attending meetings, taking meeting notes and minutes of meetings, and/or reviewing meeting minutes as required; providing summary highlighting key points impacting the organization tasks and contractual obligations
- Providing project reporting services to Project Manager and develop project status reports by tracking progress against project plans, highlighting areas of concern and providing recommendations to address issues, in coordination the Project Analyst
- Support monthly project billing by compiling information required for client invoicing
- Assist with contract administration and project administration functions, such as processing shop drawings, request for information, progress site reports, deficiency tracking, progress payments
- Assist project teams in ongoing QA/QC process for design reviews and tracking ongoing project issues to be resolved
- Assist with delivering project deliverables such as organization of drawings and specification packages
- Participate in project closeout progress and preparing the project lesson learned
- Ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years project coordination experience in AEC
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, Bluebeam Studio/Project, Word, and other project management reporting tools
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about the application of digital technology in complex facilities and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the position in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.