Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Niagara Health have prequalified the EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EDIH) team as one of three bid teams for the new South Niagara Hospital Project in Niagara Falls, Ontario – and we’re excited to be part of this design team, providing Mechanical Engineering and Materials Management/Conveyance Consulting (automated guided vehicles).
The project is on a greenfield site in Niagara Falls ON, and will be part of Niagara Health’s connected healthcare system. The acute care hospital will feature*:
- 24/7 Emergency Department; diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services; medical, surgical and intensive care inpatient beds
- Ambulatory Services; post-acute Complex Continuing Care (CCC) inpatient services
- Centres of Excellence specializing in stroke, complex care, geriatric/psychogeriatrics and wellness in aging
- Designed with the next age of innovation in mind, the South Niagara Hospital will seamlessly integrate technology that supports high quality healthcare.
For area residents, an important aspect of the new South Niagara Hospital project will be the amalgamation of services, providing easier access to care in a centralized location. As well, the new site will have a focus on seniors and accessibility, along with high standards for infection prevention and control embedded into all aspects of the patient experience.
The hospital will be designed to achieve LEED Silver, in addition to targeting Canada’s first WELL®-certification for a healthcare facility. While the LEED standard relates to buildings, the WELL standard focuses on occupants, in this case on the health and well-being of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, families and caregivers and the Niagara community.
* Source: https://www.infrastructureontario.ca/South-Niagara-Hospital/