Healthcare Division – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Mechanical Designer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our industry and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our growing Healthcare team in Toronto.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnership (PPP or P3), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and who has a strong track record of project management and managing client relationships.
- Productive individual contributor
- Creates concept designs, design specifications and assesses constructability with coaching and support from more senior designers
- Develops the complete design package on time and within budgeted time hours
- Assists with different project phases, such as construction and materials, as required
- Effectively applies tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery (e.g., AutoCAD, HH Angus Drawing Standards, Plotters, etc.)
- Ensures technical accuracy of project deliverables
- Manages and prioritizes own project activities in order to meet deadlines for all assigned tasks
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with clients on assigned projects
- Ensures timesheets, logs, and files are accurate and up to date
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Works under close supervision in solving problems
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5–10 years related industry experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Knowledge of Revit is an asset
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, and CHP equipment
- Familiar with the design of a variety of mechanical systems and has an understanding of the relevant codes and standards that guide our work
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
- Demonstrates accuracy and good documentation skills
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit via the portal below.
Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.