Healthcare Division – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our industry and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Healthcare team.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnership (PPP or P3), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and a track record of successful project management and managing client relationships.
- Recognized technical subject matter expert
- Responsible for technical design for complex projects, often involving multiple drawings, technical complexity, high project value, and multiple trades
- Assesses design constructability and develops design specification for complex designs
- Participates in project planning and project management meetings and provides improvement recommendations to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met
- Peer reviews work of more junior engineers
- Reviews and signs off on complex engineering reports and standards
- Completes project work on time and within budget
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Ensures technical accuracy of all project files and documentation
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years engineering consulting experience
- P.Eng designation
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or submit via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.