Senior Mechanical Designer – Healthcare, Toronto
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join our growing Healthcare team.
HH Angus has a long history in the healthcare industry, but even more than that, we have a reputation of satisfying clients who require solutions to complex projects. Our Healthcare Division works on a variety of healthcare facility projects, including public-private partnership (PPP or P3), acute care, long-term care, mental health, and rehabilitation hospitals. In this role, you will apply your technical engineering and project management skills to add value to our clients and individuals who rely on healthcare facilities for their well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong technical Mechanical Engineering skills and who has a strong track record of project management and managing client relationships.
The Senior Mechanical Designer reports directly to a Senior Manager with extensive experience in our Industry and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Season professional and individual contributor
- Creates complex concept designs and design specifications; assesses constructability of complex designs
- Completes major parts of projects
- Creates documentation and drawings from conceptual ideas
- Ensures technical accuracy for project deliverables
- Accountable for all designs through to construction completion
- Regularly peer reviews work of more junior designers
- Communicates with clients to determine design requirements and resolve issues
- Sets priorities and ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Contributes to the planning of a project; participates in project planning and project management meetings and provides improvement recommendations to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met
- Works mostly independently in solving difficult and sometimes complex problems
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years engineering consulting experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Good accuracy and documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
- Successfully attained CET designation
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or submit via the portal below. Please be sure to quote the job title in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.